PIQue Coaching and Strategy
I Love My Peloton
It’s my go to for 10, 20, 30 minutes. I sweat, workout, feel better and am often surprised by the impact of the workout.
Normally I choose my Peloton rides by the music. My favorite’s are Broadway themed rides. “In the Heights”, “Hamilton” and “The Greatest Showman”. The music pops! It’s inspiring. I smile and work harder. The lyrics, language, imagery celebrate:
- Voices not always heard.
- Communities not always recognized or acknowledged.
- People not always seen.
- A sense of belonging, culture and choices that leave us in a better place for the experience.
Work culture should do the same. Celebrate diverse thoughts. Embrace voices different from our own. Provide a place of belonging where all employees feel inspired.
A Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy as part of your overall talent and people strategy is good for for business and it scales:
- Diverse organizations are 70% more likely to capture a new market. (Center for Talent Innovation)
DEI impacts retention:
- 80% of millennials in the workforce said that inclusion was a factor when choosing an employer. (Deloitte University – The Leadership Center for Inclusion)
- 40% of employees would leave the employees for a more inclusive environment (Deloitte University – The Leadership Center for Inclusion)
- 23% have already left (Deloitte University – The Leadership Center for Inclusion)
DEI is good for business:
- High belonging is linked to a 56% increase in job performance
- 50% drop in turnover
- 75% reduction in sick
(Harvard Review: The Value of Belonging at Work)
Creating an impactful, collaborative, trustworthy and effective DEI strategy is a process. It takes time, commitment and endurance. Like working out and getting stronger on the Peleton. I just hit 700 rides.
If you have a Peloton, take a listen to the link below. If not, I encourage you to watch, listen and be INSPIRED.
To Be Continued